Pinhole Surgical Technique
What is Pinhole Surgical Technique? This technique, also known as Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation, is a minimally invasive option for correcting gum recession and saving teeth. It is done through a small hole in the gums made by a needle. Then specially designed instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it back into position. Most patients are pleasantly surprised to find several benefits including instant cosmetic improvement, and that they are able to resume light activities within 24-48 hours. This is a big improvement over traditional corrections for receding gums. We have a video and images below so that you can see the difference that can be yours. Call us and get a free consultation to see if this is the option for you.
Why are receding gums a problem? Aside from the cosmetic disadvantage of receding gums, receding gums also lead to tooth loss. Dr. Gregory Farber is one of the few surgeons in New York State certified to perform this technique right here in Buffalo NY.
Get a better smile (and even more importantly) save your teeth!
Top 10 Benefits of the Pinhole procedure:
1. Can correct gum recession in as little as 1 treatment session.
2. Minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel-free, suture-free and graft-free
3. Long term results per the International Journal of Periodontology & Restorative Dentistry (Oct 2012)
4. The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases
5. Only 2 over-the-counter pain pills required after treatment
6. Can prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures
7. Treatment sessions can be completed in as little as 1-2 hours in many cases
8. Can enhance a more youthful and attractive appearance.
9. Patients often describe feeling happier due to being able to smile without the shame or guilt associated with ugly receded gums.
10. Most patients are back to normal light activities within 24-48 hours.